Monday, June 23, 2008

In the Begining...

Hi,
I couldn't imagine my life without fitness or wine. I love both wine and fitness in moderation, and sometimes not so much moderation (mainly the wine). This is about my daily adventures in learning about wine and continuing to battle the calories by trying to keep fit. The fit part: I have played sports and worked out all my 35 years and will continue to be active for the rest of my life. The wine part: I discovered wine shortly after University, and once I got past the homemade stuff I fell in love. I distinctly remember my first bottle of amazing wine. I was out for dinner at North 44 in Toronto with one of my personal training clients and he ordered a Duck Pond Merlot. I remember saying "this is what wine tastes like............... no more Baby Duck for me." Then I remember peeking at the wine list and breathing a sigh of relief as I knew I wasn't paying for the Duck Pond which at the time would have cost me 2 days wages!!! I have been hooked ever since. Over the past 9 years I have learned that the more you know about wine, the more you realize you don't know. I experience the same in fitness. Thought for the day: Wine and Fitness are basically the same. The harder you go, the more pain you feel in the morning.

No comments: